Acrodynia*(Acro-Limbs Odynia-Pain) is seen in mercury poisoning (Pink’s Disease),It is Pain,swelling and parasthesia of Limbs
Mimimata disease—Contamination of fish with mercury, at a place called Minimate Bay in Japan.
2. DRIED SEMEN ON CLOTHS CAN BE DETECTED BY ( Page 108 )
· INFRA RED
· MAGNIFYING LENS
· ULTRAVIOLET RAY
• Seminal stains have to be detected in cases of rape or attempted rape, sexual murder of the female, sodomy and bestiality.
• Fertility of fluid has to be proved in disputed paternity.
• Seminal fluid choline is originated from Leyding cells.
• Smegma: If the smegma is present around glans of penis, it is suggestive of the fact that an individual did not have sexual intercourse in last 24 hours.
a. Florence test: (Choline Per. Iodide cystols)
e. Ammouium molybdate test:
g. MHS-S1 is also positive and a highly reliable test for semen.
h. Serological typing of the semen is possible by precipitin method.
101. SECTION 377 DEALS WITH( Page 270)
· UNNATURAL SEXUAL OFFENCE
Medico-legal Important Sections
Indian Penal Code
• Sec 312 to Sec 316
Abandonment of Child under 12 years
• Sec 317
Concealment of birth
• Sec 318
• Sec 320
• Sec 351
Assault to Outrage the Modesty of Women
• Sec 354
Definition Sec 375
Punishment Sec 376
Unnatural Sexual offense
Criminal Procedure Code
Sec 174 Police Inquest
Sec 176 Magistrate’s Inquest
Indian Evidence Act
Sec 32 Dying Declaration
– C– Biological and special products.
– E– Poisons.
– F– Vaccines and Sera.
– G– Hormonal preparations.
– H–Drugs/poisons to be sold prescription of RMP.
– J– Diseases for cure of which no drug should be advertised.
3. Indian Medical Council Act 1956
Schedule 2—Outside India
4. The Medical Termination of 1971,
Pregnancy Act (Amend 1975)
5. The Narcotic Drugs & 1985
Psychotropic Substance Act
6. Consumer Protection Act 1986
7. Mental Health Act 1987
8. Organs Transplantation of Human Act 1994
4. A TEACHER SLAPPED A GIRL STUDENT ,SHE SUFFERED FROM 25%HEARING LOSS WHICH RESOLVED ON SURGERY WHAT KIND OF INJURY THIS IS ( Page 68 )
1. Injury: Any harm whatever illegaly caused in Body, Mind, Reputation or Property (Memory Aid ® BMR is an important concept of Physiology)
• Section Forty four (44), IPC.
2. Murder: Definition is under section 300 IPC and punishment under Section 302 IPC.
163. CAUSTIC POISON ERODES MUCOSA BECAUSE
· HYGROSCOPIC IN NATURE
· IT HAS GLUE LIKE ACTION
· IT IS BEING PROGRAMMED TO STICK
· IT HAS AFFINITY FOR MUCOSA
Alkalis include sodium, potassium, and ammonium hydroxide and are bases and hygroscopic in nature thus they dissolve in water. They all contain a positive radical and a hydroxyl group. Alkalis produce a liquefaction necrosis when they come in contact with mucosa and penetrate deeply with full thickness burns common.
Acids cause coagulation necrosis; an eschar forms, limiting further damage. Acids tend to affect the stomach more than the esophagus.
Alkalis ( more damage than acids) cause rapid liquefaction necrosis; no eschar forms, and damage continues until the alkali is neutralized or diluted. Alkalis tend to affect the esophagus more than the stomach, but ingestion of large quantities severely affects both.
165. FEATURES OF ANTE MORTEM BURN ARE All /Except ( Page 127- 128 )
· VESICLE WITH HYPERAEMIC BASE
· RED LINE
· VESICLE WITH AIR
fluid with Base is dry hard
proteins and and yellow
enzyme reaction increase in
and SH group. enzyme reaction.